The consequences of snakebite can be grave! You may die or if lucky, survive but have some of your body parts amputated! That’s why snake bite proof boots are a must-have if you occasionally venture to snake-infested areas.
Whether it’s hunting, trekking, or you just find mountaineering fun, protection against snake bites should be your top priority.
The statistics are worrying. According to Wikipedia, around 7,000–8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the United States alone.
Do you see how blood hungry the serpents are?
Even when on the countryside, vipers are known to lie in wait all over, some camouflaging, others on trees or hiding in some hole out there.
Over the years, manufacturers have continually upped their game and we now have snake bite proof boots which not only offer 360 degrees protection but are also comfortable on wear.
Others are totally waterproof, fashionable shoes with great traction making them perfect for all terrain.
In other words, choices are many.
So, while reptiles do not care about your safety, we do care! That’s why we came up with this snake bite proof boots buying guide.
We want you to remain safe by buying the best possible snake bite proof boots for your next outing.
First, here are some of the ten best snake boots for hunting;
1. LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot.
If you are serious about taking a walk on the wild side, then you need all the protection you can from all slithering menaces- and they come in plenty.
The lacross venom snake boot is one of the top most snake bite proof boots, built to beat back all attempts at messing up your feet.
With a special snake guard protection providing a barrier against the most dangerous of serpents, you will never be afraid to go completely off the beaten track.
- 100% waterproof!
- Hyper-dri lining
- Thick denier nylon upper
- Rubber sole
- Abrasion-proof toe cap
- EVA midsole
- Flexible but not penetrable
- Scent-free interior
- PU foot bed
- Snake Guard
- They are 18″ shaft boots hence great for trekking through tall grass
- The Snake Guard protection buffers against all potential strikes.
- They are very comfortable too
- Perfect for wet conditions- they are100% waterproof
- Absorbs moisture from the interior inside thanks to the hyper-dri lining
- No bad odor- it fights odor-generating bacteria
- You get great cushioning from the midsole and footbed
- Very durable, thanks to the rubber outsole and abrasion resisting toe cap
- The side zip makes them easy to wear/remove
- The price is a little on the higher side
Whether you are out on a hunting expedition, as part of work, on a trek or just to tend the land, you can focus fully on that which matters.
These beefed-up snake proof boots will stand with you all the way. Indeed, they are one of the greatest inventions for life outdoors!
2. LaCrosse Men’s Adder 18” Snake Boot.
Lacross has been shunning out some of the best outdoor boots, one after another.
Recently, they seem to have upped their game by making the lacrosse adder snake boot, one of the best snake boots for hunting
Not only do they come with a unique snake-guard, they are the easiest to pull on. You just grab the oversized pulls, slide them and in a few seconds, you are ready to engage in serious hunting protected by a rugged, scent-free, versatile snake-proof boots.
- oversized pulls
- adjustable rear gusset
- Highly Engineered
- Waterproof Barrier
- EVA Midsole
- Synthetic sole
- Antimicrobial Fibers(fight odor-causing bacteria)
- PU Footbed
- Abrasion resistant toe caps
- Full-grain leather
- 1000 Denier nylon upper
- rugged durability
- Height: 18″
- These are the easiest snake boot to pull on or off
- You can adjust it to fit using the rear gusset
- These are good looking boots
- Very rugged and durable for all environments
- These are scent-free and you won’t have to worry about bad odor
- The snake guard guarantees you the top protection
- You are safe in wet environments thanks to the waterproof barrier
- It will keep you dry all day long thanks to the liner
- They shed debris and clay as you move along so you will never get stuck in the bush
- The stitching might needs reinforcement
These are the leather snake boots to take your passions to the next level. They offer top comfort, as well as maximum protection against all snake bits.
You will also find them very versatile. In fact, you can adapt them to any outdoor activity regardless of the weather.
3. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Snake Work Boot.
One of the most venomous snakes in North America is the cottonmouth(Agkistrodon piscivorus).
Its venom is so poisonous that it eats your flesh and eventually leads to gruesome amputations.
You don’t want to take chances against such a beast. But don’t fret; the Justin stampede snake boot has been built to protect you against such dangers.
The j-flex construction gives them top snakebite resistant features making them among the best rattlesnake protection boots
- Thick J-flex construction
- Full-length zipper
- Made from Leather-synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Tri-density removable insole
- You get excellent quality
- Made from durable leather-synthetic fabric
- The tridensity insole makes sure you will never have blisters down there
- Good with wet weather
- This is one of the budget but top quality snake bite boots
- You can easily get them on and off
- They have a cool rattlesnake stamp on the back-heel
- Fit well so you are sure it will never come out while out there
- They feel a little bit stiff and requires some break in time
- They may leak if you venture into flooded areas
Despite their best efforts, snakes always come up short when faced with the buffer that is the rugged Justin stampede snake boot.
Its thick snakeproof construction makes them one of the best snake bite proof boots
4. Chippewa Women’s 15″ Pull On L23913 Snake Boot.
As a lady, you want to maintain your taste of fashion even when going upcountry.
So, you will be looking for womens snake proof boots that are safe as well as trendy- quite a hard to get combination.
Thankfully, the Chippewa Women’s Snake Boot is a perfect blend of top snakeboot features and classic styling.
They come reinforced with espresso viperclothupper and Vibram outsoles making them one of the highest quality Snake Boots.
- Maple Cow plus Gunstock liner
- Elasticized at entry
- Texon Flexwelt insoles
- Cordura-Leather Mix
- Vibram sole
- Espresso Viperclothupper
- Pull-on leather boot
- Fabric overlay
- Buckled straps.
- You can use them as snake boots or as ordinary footwear
- The insoles together with the lining provide superior comfort
- They are easy to pull on boots
- They fit extremely snug
- You will enjoy the great craftsmanship
- You are designed to be used for the long haul- very durable
- perfect on tall grass
- These are very nice looking
- Extremely lightweight
- Not completely water proof
Enjoy outdoors with this great lifestyle women snake boot that stands out for its great craftsmanship, protection and good looks. It’s flawless as a modern womens snake boots.
5. Danner Men’s Pronghorn Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boot.
Most likely, when going out to snake-infested areas, you will wear heavy pants.
When you match them with heavy snake bite boots like the Danner Pronghorn Snake Boot, you are not only kept away from all slitherings but also bugs and painful thorns which would otherwise cut short your outing.
Based on the world famous terra-force technology, this snake proof hiking boots have been streamlined to make them even more stubborn against any attacks but also lighter to make you run faster from any emerging dangers
- 100% waterproof
- Snake-proof protection
- Ortholite footbed
- Brown in color
- Rugged hardware
- Leather made
- Toe and heel cap
- Pronghorn outsole
- Lightweight profile
- Lace fastening system
- Rubber sole
- Anatomical forefoot
- Super heel capture
- Fits to size.
- Has a special hardware to allow you tighten it to fit
- You enjoy solid traction even on rugged terrain
- It performs admirably in slick mud
- It is one of the most durable 17″ snake boot
- Has a side-zip to make wearing it breeze
- It is very lightweight
- It is 100% waterproof, making it perfect for wet surfaces
- This is exceedingly breathable- making it one of the best snake proof hunting boots
- The terra-force technology guarantees you a long-lasting performance
- Its liner keeps your feet dry all through.
- The all-leather toe plus heel caps makes it very resilient in tough conditions
- May fit a tad too tightly so you may have to order a bigger size to ensure the best fit
Regardless of where you go hunting, or whatever you encounter, you can trust this 17″ mens snake boots
It’s durable, waterproof, rugged and absolutely lightweight
6. LaCrosse Women’s Alphaburly Pro 15 Realtree APG Hunting Boot.
Do you know that some snakes have a coloring that camouflages them against many predators like birds, foxes, mongooses and coyotes?
This is a good thing for the snake but bad news for you!
Do you know why? Since you will never notice it, your enemy will have all the time to launch a mighty attack on your unsuspecting feet!
Chances are, he will succeed especially if you don’t have you snake bite proof boots on.
The lacrosse women’s realtree hunting boot is a premier rubber hunting snake boot with naturally insulating neoprene and designed to withstand the longest fangs from any of your scheming creatures out there.
- Thick EVA midsole
- Fiberglass shank
- Quick drying
- Active Fit
- Gusset for easy wear on/off
- Synthetic sole
- Neoprene core
- Narrow ankle pocket
- Scent-free comfort
- Embossed liner
- Increased air circulation
- Multilayer rubber ( toe plus heel)
- Vamp delivers more support and durability
- The liner pumps in more air inside your boot making it very airy inside
- You feel its supreme quality first time you put this on
- It feels secure and comfortable on your feet
- The double-layered vamp provides extra support and durability
- In case you clean it, it dries up real fast
- You can adjust it to fit
- It has very attractive camouflaging colors
- This is a tall 15” making it safe even in places with tall vegetation
- It’s a rubber shoe so it’s very flexible on your feet
- Warm inside so you will still feel warm despite the cold surroundings
- You get excellent traction on slick conditions
- Very light- perfect for hunting
- The price is on the higher
- Be sure to get the sizing right otherwise they may feel bigger/small
This is another great innovation from Alphaburly. The naturally insulating neoprene plus the thick EVA mid-sole cushioning makes this a high-quality snake bite proof boot which comes ready for all grueling challenges of walking in any terrain.
We dare say these are one of the best snake boots
7. MuckBoots Men’s Pursuit Snake Proof Hunting Boot.
Bogs, quicksand, toxic plants, spiders, octopus, vipers ….. You beat them all.
And you ought to- otherwise, all your plans will come up short!
So, you need snake bite boots that know their work.
And in this case, you need not look beyond the muckboots snake proof hunting boot.
Their snake resistant exterior and anti-friction sock liner will help you to comfortably trump all over them, crashing all underneath!
They are some of the most preferred boots by guys who often go hunting in the warm countryside where tough snakes pose the greatest threat.
- Anti-friction sock lining
- Xpress cool fabric liner
- 100% rubber
- Rubber sole
- Snake resistant rubber exterior
- CR flex-foam
- Ethylene acetate midsole
- Rubber outsole pods
- No problem with watery conditions- these are fully waterproof
- These are highly-protective Snake Boots
- The Xpress Cool fabric liner keeps your feet cool and very dry all day long
- They are unbelievably comfortable even in warm weather
- The friction sockliner will eliminate all chaffing to allow you go full throttle after your game
- The marvelous EVA midsole will absorb all shock and soften up you every step
- The military like looks makes you appear fearsome.
- They will be hard to put on/off if you don’t get sizing right
These fully-waterproof, highly-secure snake boots are comfortable and strong in all conditions. With them, you will never worry about a thing!
8. Danner Men’s Jackal II 45764 Hunting Boot.
When you are a newcomer in bushkraft and mountaineering, they will always repeat “better be safe than sorry pal!”
They will also tell you that there is no better way of protecting yourself from critters than arming yourself with top quality men’s snake boots.
The Danners Jackal Hunting Boot features the banner phantom outsole which delivers a stealth lightweight performance such that your prey will never hear you approach- even in the mountains.
It again brings a 360-degree protection against snakes so that you can rummage safely through the bush, much to the chagrin of the reptiles!
- EVA Footbeds
- Textile based
- Rubber soles
- Breathable GORE-TEX lining
- Nylon uppers and shank
- Lace-up closure
- Low-lug phantom outsole
- You get 360 degrees snake-proof protection
- They deliver excellent arch Support
- The olive green accents look very chic
- They are built to be extremely resistant to abrasion, tears, in addition to scuffs
- You get top class breathability
- They hold up great in water- great as waterproof snake boots for hunting
- You will find the deep padding very comfortable
- Dreaming of ultimate comfort- Do get a pair of these!
- They are one of quickest drying shoes
- These boots require very little beak in time
- No zipper so they may not the easiest to put on/off
These offer another useful guard against reptiles and are very famous snake proof boots for men.
Excellent in stalking, fully waterproof and with a 360-degree snake protection, they give you a reason to smile every time you venture into the bushland.
9. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Pull On 23913 Snake Boot.
To stay on top of things in the jungle, you need to prepare. This means getting the right gear, packing food and drinks.
It also means identifying the right weapon- knowing that it’s pretty dangerous out there but also conditioning your body to be alert so that it can spot and tackle all the enemies lurking everywhere.
Finally, you will need to pull on your snake bite proof boots. Chippewa has over the years developed a knack for coming up with great snake boots.
The Chippewa pull on snake boot are the go-to snake bit prevention boots whenever everything else has failed due to the advanced vipercloth which fully blocks fang penetration.
- Vibram sole
- puncture protection
- Quality Brown
- Vipercloth shaft
- Adjustable straps
- Removable orthotic cushioning insoles
- Sturdy snake boots thanks to the heavy-duty vipercloth
- They are tall enough to make your treks throughout high grass very safe
- The snake boot has puncture protection
- You can easily replace the soles
- Enjoy super lightweight traction in slippery surfaces
- Looks fashionable
- The orthotic insoles will pamper your feet all day long
- Not completely waterproof though it doesn’t absorb quickly
This is a full 17″ sturdy, snake-proof vipercloth boot that makes your trekking through the tall grass safe and breeze.
It’s also another top contender for the best hiking boots snake proof thanks to its versatility.
10. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Snake Work Boot.
Imagine what would happen if you find yourself in a stampede out there in the jungle. Stuff happens and you can never rule out anything!
After all, the jungle can be so mucky and frustrating you may never want to return.
So, the best way is not to take chances- just call your bluff and invest in the best snake proof boots you can afford!
The Justine stampede snake work boot happens to be one of the fairly priced snake bite proof boot that comes with all the safety features that you need in a snake bite prevention boot.
- Rubber sole
- J-flex construct
- Removable insole
- Zipper shoes
- Cheaper than most snake bite proof boots you find in snake boot reviews
- You can easily upgrade the insoles to your favorite
- Plough in the water and leave unscathed- its 100% waterproof
- The thick j-flex construction makes them very durable
- They feel good on your feet- you will never get blisters
- They are not any loose so they won’t slip out
- When walking, they spring you forward- enjoy such an effortless walk
- They are not as easy to put on/off but once you get used, things become easier
- They are big but a good insole should get everything fitting
With an awesome price and 100% snakeproof features, this is one of the best. Any debate on the best snake bite proof boots will never be complete without them!
Factors To Consider While Buying The Best Snake Bite Proof Boots.
When buying snakebite prevention boots, focus of the following key features;
Snake bite proof boots are generally more long-lasting than others.
- Shaft Height
If you frequently walk in tall grass, you need more height on the shaft. Snake bite proof boots differ in shaft height so check in the description before buying
- Shoe Weight
It’s hard to pull it off if you go for those very bulky snake boots that make it very difficult to walk. Well, I would go with lightweight anytime.
- How Well Do They Fit?
You don’t want to risk with snake bite proof boots that will come off when running after your prey. Go for snug fitting or at least those snake boots that have adjusting straps.
Of course, don’t forget to order your optimal size
If you venture to wet areas, you are better off with snake protection boots that are 100% water proof. It’s also good to check whether it dries up quickly in case it’s soaked.
You can really get sweaty during warm weather. Breathable snake bite proof boots are the best for such conditions. We have included some of them here.
You don’t want to go back home injured and blistered! The best snake boots for hunting will pamper your feet all day long
- Shock absorption
Snake proof boots with EVA midsole softens every one of your steps; you will enjoy your treks.
- Ease of wear
If it’s a struggle to put it on/off, I would go for an alternative. Thankfully, most of the snake boots which appear hard to wear originally will be ok after your feet get used to them.
You most probably want to stick to your budget. You will find both some pricier and budget snake bite boots from out listing.
How well does it perform under sticky conditions? Since you cannot always predict the kind of terrain you will find yourself, snake bite shoes with excellent traction soles are better.
Rather than having them as snake bite boots, it would save you some bucks if you bought something versatile to be used everywhere and for all occasions.
While some of the snake protection boots are advertised as being for men/women, we discovered that there is no significant difference in terms of their design but for a few instances where the manufacturer has improvised some beauty like coloring in the women’s snakebite boots.
We would advise you therefore not to focus too much on the gender. Amazingly, some of the so-called men’s snake boots are great with women and vice versa!
I am sure you don’t want to suffer the consequences of a snake bite! So, you ought to not only invest in some snake bite proof boots but also if possible, go for the very best snake proof boots.
As you have seen, these should give you a 360-degree protection against snakes, be comfortable all through, preferably waterproof, airy and obviously a shoe that it’s easy to pull on/off.
That way, you will never regret your escapades!
Other Awesome Resources: