I had never imagined myself needing to use the best ice pack for knee until it happened…I think it was the 6th lesson and my trainer was furious that I had been late…
He was my second trainer and he preferred I train using his own horses- Sugar and Fantom.
On this chilly Thursday afternoon, I choose to ride sugar…after all I like living on the sweet side of life.
I clutched Sugars’ reins tightly as we slowly made our way into the field. I could feel the gaze of my trainer firmly trained on me.
Somehow, I stopped my sugar at the starting point. This was to be the last of the try-outs and if all goes well, I would race against Ben and his Fantom the following day.
Suddenly, he snorted impatiently. I turned to check…then before I knew it, I was there, down, and with a very painful knee- My sugar had become my most bitter enemy!
I never knew that my teacher could run- wish you could have seen him running all over asking where he could get the best ice packs for knees!
Whenever you have knee pain or a knee injury, or even if healing from a knee surgery, you will find a knee ice wrap very helpful.
Together with ice wraps, ice packs relieve pain, limit swelling and blocks further damage to your knee joints and the surrounding tissue.
We happened to participate in a researched project on the best ice packs for knee and were lucky to come across some of the best cold packs for knees.
And since we are not know to be selfish with information, we reveal them here- for the very first time…
|Editor's Rating||Image||Name & Link||Size|
|Best High-End||Knee Ice Pack by A to P Total Knee Wraps.||on size fits all|
|Best Mid-Range||Shock Doctor ICE Recovery Compression Knee Wrap.||Small/Medium
|Best Mid-Range||Ice / Heat Therapy Wrap For Left / Right Knees.||Large / Extra Large|
1. Ice / Heat Therapy knee Wrap For Left and Right Knees.
This is a great knee ice compression wrap.
It’s made from the best quality elastic material and has no harmful chemicals. It also contains plush-prene panels which ventilates the section of the knee where the ice is not needed.
These ice packs for knee have two removable gel packs which are reusable and they can either be frozen or induced with heat for the relieve of a specific pain or injury in the knee.
If only you will be careful to pick the correct size that properly fits your thigh conference, you will have gotten yourself the best ice packs for knee surgery.
To get your size with this ice bag for knee, get the thigh circumference at exactly 3 inches above your knee.
- Removable gel packs
- Cushioned elastic
- FDA registered
- Thick, uniform composition
- Fits anywhere
- It protects your knee joints from further injuries and inflammation.
- It’s a better knee ice pack for outdoor sports.
- Also quickens recovery
- Its chemical free so safe with everyone
- Works fast
- You may get burnt especially if you don’t follow instructions.
- It may slide from its position.
They Ice / Heat Therapy knee Wrap is one of the best gel ice packs for knees when we come to the treatment of knee sprains, joint pains resulting from arthritis, strains, swelling and tendonitis.
It’s created from super elastic material, is chemical free and with reusable gel packs.
2. Knee Ice Pack – Total Knee Wraps.
The knee ice pack- total wraps is another fine ice wrap for knee. It has compression straps coiled round the knee joint to keep it in place.
Interestingly, this ice pack for injuries can be positioned anywhere – even at the back of your knee, if that’s why it pains most!
There is more:
Its DLP design makes it possible to adjust heat or cold intensity to ensure best experience during treatment.
Lastly, it’s comfortable, effective and above all, just one pack heals every pain.
- DLP design
- One pack treatment
- Long lasting
- Compression straps
- Leak proof
- Very effective
- It is self-fastening so it will never leave its position
- Saves money- just one ice pack takes care of everything
- This is very comfortable- you will be able to walk freely.
- Lasts longer
- The inside material never lose shape so it gels wonderfully
- This is an ultimate cold knee wrap. It doesn’t have many weaknesses!
The knee ice pack- total wraps makes it to our list by the virtue of being very comfortable, effective and economical. Remember you just need one ice pack!
It another contender for the award of the best ice pack for knee!
3. Polar Ice Large Knee Wrap Cold Therapy Wearable Ice Pack.
Polar ice gel packs for injuries provide a long lasting cold therapy ideal for rehabilitation after a knee surgery as well as other injuries.
It’s full of ability and is very good for those suffering from post-surgery complications, soft tissue trauma, sports injuries, edema and swelling.
What makes this gel cold pack for knee unique is its skin guarding soft fleece cover, the 360 degrees cooling it applies on your injury to lessen the pain and the way it wraps your body.
- Soft fleece cover
- Lightweight, slim
- Adjustable Hook
- 360 degrees cooling
- Loop Closure
- It covers the entire knee
- Gives you a wholesome cooling sensation.
- The soft liner ensures you still feel cozy.
- This polar cold wrap for knee is super lightweight – perfect when moving about.
- Delivers Long lasting cold therapy.
- The ice wrap doesn’t wobble.
- Temperature in these cold packs for knee is lost after only 30 minutes, so it’s not the best for travel.
- You may need more than one pack for total healing.
This cold wrap for knee effectively protects, treats and cools your injury as it focuses on healing post-surgical injuries, and after an intensive physical activity.
Also note that the ice wrap remains in its position and does a thorough job. You will find this very therapeutic.
4. Shock Doctor ICE Recovery Compression Knee Wrap.
Perhaps you are looking not only for the best ice pack after knee surgery but also an icing solution for strains, bruises in your knees, tendonitis and swellings.
This gel pack for knee has an anatomical design with several reusable gel ice packs and adjustable straps.
Then, it straps have a z-grip closure that gives you a customized fit.
It lays claim to a ranking as one of the very best knee ice wrap by providing a 360 degrees penetrating therapy for your knee strains, bruises in your knees, tendonitis and swellings.
Bear in mind that this ice pack for knee replacement can be used for either ice or heat therapy!
- Adjustable straps with Z-Grip closures
- Lycra gel pack compartments
- Multiple reusable gel ice packs
- Penetrating therapy
- N-Tex neoprene & 4-way stretch materials
- Anatomically designed
- Versatile: good for heat and ice therapy
- It is comfortable around your knees.
- The gel pack pockets are readily accessible
- The materials stretch and is more durable
- Multipurpose- you can also make it a heat pack
- Delivers very gentle compression.
- Very efficient thanks to the deep 360 penetration.
- Anatomically wraps around your hurting knees to be able to treat everywhere.
- Costs more
- Feels a little heavy
The Shock Doctor Ice Knee Wrap aids in treating knee sprain, soreness, tendinitis or ACL/MCL injuries.
It has an anatomical design and wraps fully around your knee to enable you reach for your healing.
Add the deep cooling plus the customized fit and you know you have a trusted knee ice wrap.
5. Elasto Gel, Hot and Cold Gel Cold Pack For Knee.
Heat therapy is effective for relieving pain resulting from arthritis and sports injuries
The Elasto-Gel hot and cold pack comes from top quality glycerine gel and works based on heat and cold transfer
When used hot, your knee enjoys more circulation and reduces soreness while when cold, it completely heals swelling and inflammation.
Lastly, these ice gel packs for injuries are diamond shaped and have a patella hole that remains open for easy monitoring.
- Safe: Microwavable, Latex-Free
- No leaks
- glycerine gel
- 4- way stretch material
- Stays soft/pliable
- Evenly distributes cold so all injured areas heal at the same pace.
- The Velcro keeps it firmly around your knee.
- Long lasting
- Budget pricing
- Will never leak even when punctured.
- Works even at very low temperature
- Can be heated using a microwave.
- This gel cold pack for knee injuries does not get that cold
- It warps when wet.
Elasto-Gel therapy products are based on hot and cold transfer and comfort. It’s made of four way stretch materials that maximize conformity, and safety.
They freeze well and will never leak. Well, we feel that you can’t go wrong with this one.
6. Coldest Ice Pack Gel Reusable Flexible Therapy Packs.
If you are a super performer, you want to go back to your routine as soon as possible.
Without a high performing Water Ice Pack, this would not be possible.
The coldest ice pack gel is a high performing therapy, initially designed for excelling Professional Athletes involved in highly competitive sports where exposure to injury is much higher.
It is extremely flexible, so its surface area superbly molds to your body, fastening recovery by ensuring it remains ice- cold throughout.
- Medical Grade (FDA registered)
- Big Compress
- Stays soft even when cold making it easy to fit.
- Long lasting
- It’s one of the coldest ice gel pack for injuries just as its name suggests.
- The cold lasts throughout making it one of the best icepack for knee.
- Ice is well distributed around the injured area due to its extra-large size
- It has a bigger, more gentle compress which means improved comfort
- Lack of Velcro makes it unstable considering it bigger size.
If you are ambitious and you want to shine like top athletes and star performers, you should go for coldest ice pack gel
It matches your ambition by reaching top recovery speeds due to its flexibility which allows it to mold into your body to heal quickly and effectively
It may not guarantee you the gold medal but at least it assures quickest recovery
Best Ice Machine for Knee Replacement Surgery.
Rather than using an ice wrap, when trying to heal from injury, you can also go for a knee ice machine also known as post knee surgery ice machine.
The best cold therapy machine would also be as effective as an ice pack for rehabilitation, Ankle Sprains, Hamstring Injury, Back Pain, Quads, Muscle pains, Calves, Sciatic Back pain, stomach aches, stiff neck, and many other Sports injuries
Just like ice packs for knee, ice machines provide relief from pain relief, reduce swelling, inflammation and further tissue damage
It’s worthy to note that an ice machine for knee surgery gives you better coverage because it’s usually bigger than ice wraps.
This could in turn allow for deeper penetration, plus it also uniformly reaches all the injured tissues.
So, in case your physician recommended a cold therapy machine, where would you start?
Well, it’s not that hard to get hold of an ice compression machine for knee that will work for you.
We have curated for you a post knee surgery ice machine amongst other great knee ice machines in the following top four power selection:
|Editor's Rating||Image||Name & Link||Components|
|Best High-End||Polar Products Active Ice Therapy System 2.0.||Active Ice System|
|Best Mid-Range||Kit Cold Rush US w/ Knee Pad.||Knee pad|
|Best Inexpensive||Ossur Cold Rush Cold Therapy System Kit Cold Rush US w/ Knee Pad.||Larger Shoulder Pad|
1. Ossur Cold Rush Cold Therapy System.
It is one of the best ice machine for knee injury as it is fit very well and remains very comfortable.
The cold rush pads follows the natural body contour to ensure the patient is comfortable and compliant.
It is well suited for use in home, hospitals or any other place as it is easy to carry around, and with it, and the patient is able to go back to normalcy much faster.
- Larger Shoulder Pad
- Locking lid
- plastic tube
- Magnetic technology
- Insulated walls
- Uses magnets rather than a traditional gear pump, so this ice cooler for knee surgery is super silent
- Its cooling effect lasts longer- can stand for 6 hours.
- The locking lid ensures no spillage
- Better cooling thanks to the insulation.
- Easy to carry around.
- The ice pads may not stay firmly on the injured knee.
- The lid is somehow difficult to open
This was designed holistically with a larger shoulder pad large to enhance coverage, a spillage preventing locking lid and insulated walls that improves cooling
It’s also produces less heat thus the cold therapy stands for up to 6 hours. This is a powerful ice machine after surgery.
2. Kit Cold Therapy Machine With Knee Pad.
This is another whisper-quiet, compact ice therapy machine for knee that is fitted with a knee pad to allow better knee relaxation.
It also has Velcro which helps to hold the machine firmly in place.
Also unique, is the unbroken loop cover on the top part which allows you to use it without foam wraps.
Otherwise, just like its competitor Ossur cold rush therapy machine, this knee ice machine therapy has insulated walls so you will still experience unparalleled cooling.
- Comes with a knee pad
- Durable motor
- Elastic straps
- Easy to set up
- Ergonomic pads
- The elastic Velcro straps hold the ice firm
- Little noise from the machine
- The knee pad provides more relaxation.
- Quite affordable.
- There is possibility of leakage from the knee wrap.
- The knee ice machine is not refrigerated and for this, the water can only stay cold for about two hours.
This delivers continuous cold therapy thanks to its long lasting cooling. The Velcro ensures it always maintains its position while the knee pad adds relaxation.
And you can use it without the foam wraps giving your more freedom. Try this when looking for comfort and freedom from pain.
3. Polar Products Active Ice Therapy System
When your post-surgery pain refuses everything else, you may decide to go for a specialized Ice Therapy System- the master pain terminator.
This polar ice machine for knee runs on an Active Ice System and is specifically designed to overcome post-surgery pains.
Not only is it safe to use thanks to the mandatory 30 minute breaks between uses but you will also be impressed by the fitted quick disconnect couplings which gives total freedom to move around.
And you don’t have to worry about leaks-the cooler lid keeping everything sealed.
- High-efficiency pump
- Active Ice System
- Hinged cooler lid
- 30 minute timer
- Easy carry handle
- Cool water lines Insulated
- You can travel with it thanks to the carry handle
- The timer makes it safer as it will have time to reset everything before
- The quickly disconnecting couplings makes you more mobile
- No leaky mess- the lid keeps it sealed
- The highly efficiency pump delivers a tremendous performance
- Its easy to reuse as frequently as desired
- It makes some humming noise
- compression wraps have to be bought separately
Based on the active Ice system, the polar ice therapy system focuses 100% on making post-surgery pain bearable.
It’s safe, doesn’t curtail your mobility and is highly efficient against stubborn pain.
4. Aircast Cryo/Cuff Cold Therapy Machine.
With a Gravity Cooler, the aircast cryo/cuff cold machine uses an integrated approach in combating pain.
Its performs excellently in reducing hemarthrosis, swelling, controlling pain, helping post-operative recovery, tackling body trauma, and treating various sports injuries.
All along, the cooler ensures that cryotherapy can go on for as long as 8 hours with the anatomical design protecting body tissue from damage.
It will also be merging cold & focal compression to see to it that you remain comfortable as always.
Finally, this is an ice compression machine for knee that you can wear on either foot!
- Non-motorized, gravity-based system
- Anatomically designed
- Gravity Cooler
- Velcro straps
- Compatible with multiple pads
- Universal fit
- Can be worn on either leg.
- You will find it easy to use thanks to clear instructions
- Delivers both focal and cold compression for best results
- The anatomic design ensures your knee is completely covered
- Very portable in case you want to proceed on vacation
- Easy to use
- It doesn’t remain cold for as long as some of its peers
The aircast cryo/cuff cold machine fits on either feet and uses its integrated formula to heal knee problems.
Its Gravity Cooler holds enough ice and water to provide up to 8 hours of cryotherapy and since it’s compatible with all almost all pads, you can expect this to provide a solution to multiple pain points.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Ice Pack For Knee & Best Ice Pack After Knee Surgery
Former U.S President George W. Bush is one man who understands this business very well.
You know why?
At 67 years, a partial replacement surgery was performed on his right knee.
And to make matters worse, another partial replacement surgery was performed on the left knee, just a few weeks later.
But it didn’t dampen his spirit; he was able to fix himself one of the best ice pack for knee pain or best knee ice wrap and soon after, he was back to his beloved bike!
I am sure George’s choice was influenced by the following considerations:
Always look out for the pack that has a comfortable fit to cover the entire knee. Too small, too heavy or too big might not work.
- The Material
It should be of a high quality and durable. Also check and ensure the seams are well made to prevent leakage.
- Is It Reusable?
Some ice therapies are single use, while others re-usable. If you have another family member having a similar problem, you can go for a multiuse
- The Price
Buy the best you can afford but within your budget limit. Remember cheap can be expensive and vice versa
If it can remain cold for many hours, the better especially if you have a serious knee problem.
- Physician’s Advise
It’s a health product so, it’s always advisable to consult a doctor and try to follow his/her advise as best as possible.
The knee is a vital part of our body and once injured, our mobility is hindered. It’s therefore advisable to get the best ice pack for knee to ensure speedy recovery.
Some knee wraps may cause burns when hot while others don’t hold out for long. So, it’s important to remember the issues we have highlighted above.
Of course, it’s always best to try and keep safe.
However, you never know if you will be Sugars’ next victim, so keeping in touch with our knee ice wrap reviews may be your next best bet!
More on Sincereviews
- Best Over The Counter Medicine For Sinus Infection
- Best Cough Medicine For Adults
- Best Doughnut Pillow For Tailbone Injury
- Best Mens Dandruff Shampoo
- Best Neck Brace For Sleeping Support
- How To Get Over A Cold Quick
- How Long Does It Take For Sunburn To Go Away
- Best Male Waist Trainer
- Best Condoms For Her and Him
- Best Alternative To Shakeology