I never thought finding cool gifts for 13 year old boy can be this hard…
Man, this is torture. My most recent attempt yielded an amazing drone – or so I thought.
And do you know what the boy said?
That it’s worse than the robot I had bought him last Christmas!
Now, meet Jane- My editor. For one, she rarely admits defeat.
But guess what? As far as gift ideas for 13 year old boy are concerned, she is already resigned to fate.
She has already lost count of the number of rejections she has suffered at the hands of his 13 year old boy.
So, we decided to combine forces…research, dig dip and go out there hoping to unearth the best gifts for 13 year old boy
The end result is this post.
You can actually thank your lucky stars- after one whole month of digging and sampling various gifts for 13 year old boy, we are pleased to present to you our carefully filtered list of gift ideas for a 13 year old boy including the top 10 13 year old boy gifts
|Editor's Rating||Image||Name & Link|
|Best High-End||X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair.|
|Best Mid-Range||DBPOWER MJX X400W FPV Drone with Wifi Camera Live.|
|Best Inexpensive||Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table.|
1. DBPOWER MJX X400W FPV Drone.
What about making him learn something new by arming him with a drone?
The DBPower FPV drone flies high so long as you know how to control it
Before turning it on, ensure it is level. It will soon find its “balance”.
As a beginner, he should run it “headless mode” then explore after he learns the ropes.
It is a durable drone with readily-available replacement parts.
Remember to press the “180 degrees” just before you start to record a video.
- WI-FI HD real time transmission camera
- 3.7V 750 mAh Li-po battery
- USB Charging- 120 to full charge
- about 8-9 minutes Flying time:
- About 100 meters Control distance:
- IOS / Android system compatible
- LED light (for night recording)
- Headless mode
- One key return
- 3D(360°) flip & roll features
- Powerful 2.4GHz controller
- 2 switchable speed modes
- It records and transmits in real time
- The drone can fly indoors and outdoors
- Its headless mode eliminates orientation difficulties
- The one key return enables him to control its movements easy
- He can capture images in 3D
- It has higher versatility thanks to it 2 switchable speed modes
- It may not perform as expected in windy conditions
The DBPower FPV quadcopter captures all the happenings from events and parties.
And with a headless mode for starters, this flying Camera lets him see a live feed of what’s happening from his mobile device.
It is definitely one of the more cool toys for boys age 13.
2. Philips Sonicare Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush.
Getting your teenager to take proper care of his mouth can be a daunting task.
Remember a lot is starting to change at this age- including how he makes decisions and personal care
Nevertheless, your tween and teen must be made to understand that their dental hygiene will set them on a path to a healthy mouth and a pleasant smile.
The Philips Essence 5600 toothbrush is a Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush featuring soft contoured bristles.
It gently removes plaque in all the hard-to-reach areas. The 2-minute Smartimer guarantees that he will brush thoroughly.
- Easy-start Sonicare technology
- Smartimer ( two minutes)
- Sonic power : Maximum 31,000 brush strokes in one minute
- Contoured bristles
- Angled neck
- One charge gives 2 weeks of use
- It reaches all the difficult to reach areas
- One charge gives him two weeks of continued use
- This toothbrush comes at a very fair price
- It is super comfortable to brush with thanks to its angled neck
- Despite the strong motor, it’s still gentle on sensitive teeth
- It is electric and does a better job than a manual cleaner
- it may grow mold after sometime
- The toothbrush may feel smaller
Help him take better care of his oral health easily with this Philips Essence 5600 toothbrush, one of the good gifts for 13 year old boy
It features an excellent angled neck, two-minute Smartimer, soft contoured bristles, and reaches hard-to-reach areas.
3. X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Video Gaming Chair.
Quite a number of Boys like video games meaning they spend a lot of time sitting.
Now, video gaming chairs make him fully immerse into his own little game world comfortably, get hours of fun while still remain healthy.
In any case, his passion could be in gaming and he would really appreciate your kind gesture
The interactive 51396 X Rocker Pro Series Gaming Chair is a very comfortable gamers’ chair.
Measuring 28.5 x 23 x 23.5 inches, he will still find it secure even if he is a tall young man.
We also love the loud side speakers, especially their surround sound experience.
It swivels, has padding on its back and it’s on a pedestal.
Finally, it is wireless – and compatible the Xbox One!
- Gunstock arms
- Control panel has separate volume & bass controls
- Wireless receiver and a wireless transmitter
- Ergonomic design
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 23 x 23.5 inches
- Pedestal base
- Two speakers plus a subwoofer
- AFM (Audio Force Modulation)Technology
- It can Connect with multiple chairs
- Receives audio from almost any source
- The chair holds out well
- It requires just a few minutes to assemble
- Delivers a total surround sound experience
- It comes ready for Xbox One
- Its Ergonomic design makes it very comfortable
- You can also use it in an office or in any other application where you sit for long
- It doesn’t support bigger kids
- The height is not adjustable
Whether it is for listening to music, watching his favorite movie, or just playing a game, interactive 51396 X Rocker Pro Series Gaming Chair sends you right into the excitement.
It’s ergonomic, compatible with Xbox One, and fitted with very loud speakers plus a subwoofer for a complete sound immersion experience
4. Razor A Kick Scooter.
Kids love the independence and adventure that comes with riding a scooter.
Kick Scooters are exciting and they are a perfect solution when he prefers to ride rather than walk
The razor a kick scooter is lightweight, made of tough aircraft-grade aluminum and folds up easily for storage.
Its urethane wheels always give a smooth ride with the Adjustable handlebars accommodating boys with different heights.
- Folding mechanism
- Adjustable handlebars
- Aircraft-grade aluminum
- Urethane wheels(with ABEC 5 bearings)
- bell & handlebar streamers
- Multiple Colors
- Unique fender brake
- Foam grips
- No Assembly Required
- It unfolds easily for storage and transport
- The price is lower than most of its peers
- It looks nice out there
- The scooter is Very durable
- It doesn’t require any assembly
- You can adjust it to the level he is most comfortable at
- It is incredibly smooth
- It may take a little longer to get the hang of it
This razor a kick scooter is a high performing outdoor fun accessory.
It is lightweight, easily foldable, and very durable. With adjustable handlers, it supports even the taller kids.
Riding this scooter could be a great way of killing boredom.
5. JanSport Superbreak Backpack.
One of the best gift for 13 year old boy and practically almost everyone else is a backpack.
In Jansport superbreak backpack, you have a bag that they will always find an excuse to use
He will be happy to go for hiking, beach trips or to school. And he can choose his favorite color- It comes in more than 30 patterns/colors.
- Great Fabric
- 4 exterior Pockets
- The backpack is very durable
- It’s very cute
- The fabric is very strong
- It’s big enough to hold all his essentials
- You get a variety of color/patterns to choose from
- It outlasts most of the other backpacks
- Side pockets for carrying water bottles not included
The JanSport SuperBreak backpack is his ideal companion wherever he goes- to school, hiking, camping or even on a visit to his pals.
With more than 30 patterns/colors to choose from, he will appreciate that you got him a superb backpack in exactly his dream color
6. LEGO Architecture 21019 The Eiffel Tower.
The Eiffel Tower is considered one of the most iconic architectural masterpieces!
So, if he has an interest in design and engineering matters, honing his schools using the LEGO architecture Eiffel tower could turn out to be a masterstroke as far as his future is concerned.
With this unprecedented model, he can build his own customized 321-piece imitation of Eiffel Tower in brick form and maybe display it in his room, or wherever he likes!
- Includes collectible booklet
- Inter-compatible with other LEGO sets
- Eiffel Tower measurement: 12 inches high X 4 inches wide X 4 inches deep
- 321 pieces
- Its complex enough to challenge him
- This is fun to assemble
- It turns out so chic everyone will want to have a look
- The included book makes learning the whole thing a wonderful experience
- It is pretty well designed
- This Lego is a bit pricey
Presenting him with this LEGO Architecture landmark could be a smart way to build on his architectural ambition.
He will get a chance to test himself against the best and create a masterpiece that he can show off in his room or wherever.
And if architecture is his domain, he will forever be grateful!
7. The Manual to Manhood.
A manly book could be the way to warm your way into his heart.
If it helps him navigate the dangerous paths ahead of every young man, then you will have done him better than just making him remember his birthday.
The manual to manhood book will teach him to do critical stuff that he can’t find elsewhere- set up a date, prepare for an interview, talk to his girl, handle his emotions….name them!
He will get it all.
- Great illustrations
- Step-by-step instructions
- It is written in a very engaging style
- The book is fun and very insightful
- He will learn lots of stuff form the well written how-to guides
- It helps build self-confidence, independence, and also to fulfill his full potential
- The book is very easy to read
- Some of the lessons covered are known to kids by the time they are 13.
Perhaps making him a stronger character is a better investment for his long-term and you won’t find many other ways of building his character greater than the manual to manhood book.
It will become his ultimate go-to resource every time he feels he needs a solution to one of those life challenges.
8. Beats Solo2 Wired On-Ear Headphone.
As one of the presents for 13 year old boy, a quality earphone will always be a popular choice for teens.
The beats Solo2 wired earphone has more dynamics, a wider range of sounds, and top clarity and let him connect emotionally with the song.
Be it Jazz, hip-hop, heavy metal, or electronic, the higher fidelity sounds do not have a comparison as far as audio luxury and comfort is concerned.
- Remotetalk cable
- Carrying case
- Wired connectivity
- Fine-tuned acoustics
- Streamlined design
- It is very Durable
- you can take while on-the-go as it foldable
- He can Take calls and also control the music with the RemoteTalk cable
- It delivers Excellent sound
- Calls can be heard clearly
- fits custom- as per your ears
With updated and better acoustics, this earphone lets him feel his music more closely.
It’s streamlined, lightweight, and very durable so that he can take his music with him wherever he goes.
9. Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table.
Playing foosball is emotionally rewarding and refreshing. You could give a foosball table set-one of the Christmas gifts for 13 year old boy that can also be used by the entire family.
The sport FX40 foosball table is a compact tabletop that creates the excitement associated with fast-paced competitive action play, very similar to full-sized tables.
It’s built for faster and stronger shots and has ergonomic rubber handles that fit comfortably in your hands.
You also get a very smooth and stable playing surface.
- L-shaped legs
- Non-marking rubber pads
- Made from MDF
- Compact tabletop
- Chrome-plated steel rods
- Rubber grooved handles
- Sliding manual scorers
- 3-man goalie boxes
- Two soccer foosballs
- It’s super-Easy to assemble
- It is very easy to store/carry along
- The table just needs very little effort during setup
- It’s very sturdy
- It has a very smooth playing surface
- You can change from floor to table as needed and great for kids
- Players are plastic and may break at some point
- Ball control is not as strong as with full sized tables
If you want him to be playing a foosball game without buying the full size table, then the sport squad FX40 foosball table could be one of the best Christmas gift ideas for 13 year old boy
Despite being compact, it delivers the cheer of fast-paced and competitive play, very similar to what you get from standard foosball tables.
10. Silvertone SD3000 Complete Acoustic Guitar.
Playing the guitar has special cognitive benefits like improving your focus, general intelligence, not forgetting important motor skills.
This is just a tip of the iceberg as there is much more.
With the Silverstone SD3000 acoustic guitar, you get a complete package to start him off into his guitar playing pastime.
You get a Digital Guitar Tuner, Acoustic Guitar Gig carrier, Guitar Strap, a spare Set of Strings, multiple Guitar Picks, a Chord Chart plus an eMedia Instructional Software.
This is one of the top-rated toys for 13 year olds and is also regarded as one of the most inspirational birthday gifts for 13 year old boy.
- Package has: Guitar strap, digital guitar tuner, spare strings, acoustic guitar gig carrier, more guitar picks, eMedia instructional software ( MAC &PC compatible) and chord chart
- Tool box
- Adjustable neck
- 20 step-by-step lessons
- Motion videos & live recorded audio for training lessons
- It’s full of Easy-to-follow lessons
- Its neck can be adjusted create more height so that the strings don’t buzz.
- This guitar advocates the step-by-step system hence great for beginners
- It is easy to use
- The guitar is so beautiful
- It’s inexpensive
- He learns all essential skills like strumming techniques, stringing his guitar, and playing chords
- You might struggle before learning how to tune it
When we come to guitar playing, the Silverstone SD3000 acoustic guitar may be the ultimate instrument. It packs everything and he may never need to add or modify anything.
He will just be required to focus on what matters- playing his music.
Factors To Consider When Buying Cool Gifts For 13 Year Old Boy
Teens often favor electronic toys such as smartphones, tablets, plus video games.
But many other new hot toys also seem to appeal to them.
So, exactly what should you pay attention to when hunting for cool gifts for 13 year old boy?
Here is what you should factor in;
- Is It Suitable For 13 Year Olds?
At 13 years, we are talking of someone who is close to adulthood than child age so he has his own expectations.
He hopes that you will buy him a gift which is designed for teen age set. After all, you are looking for toys for 13 year old boys and more so, the top gifts for 13 year old boy
- Developmental Needs
He still needs to grow physically, emotionally, socially, mentally, cognitive ability-wise etc. So, go for a toy intelligent enough to help his wholesome growth.
- Reputation Of The Manufacturer
To avoid being duped by some of the companies who hype up their own products as being the best- despite them being fakes, always conduct a bit of research to learn what others feel about their gifts for 13 year old boys
Avoid manufacturers with negative reviews like a plague.
We prefer truly long lasting gems so that their younger brother/sister can still play with it when he is the right age.
- His Interests
By now you should know where his passion lies. For example, he may be a music fan, or very good in creative arts.
He may also have a special interest in gardening.
Your child will never reject a gift that matches his interests.
He may have rejected your idea of cool gifts for 13 year old boy in the past.
But with our post, you realize that the question of what to buy a 13 year old boy has many answers- especially after this post.
You can pick drones, scooters, musical instruments, sports equipment or whatever else you feel is right.
Just make sure it’s suitable for kids at his age, and that it contributes to his developmental needs.
It should also be durable, coming from a reputable company and in line with his passions.
So, step up and see if you will, at last, get him one of the top gifts for a 13 year old boy.
He deserves it!